Privacy Statement for ACIC website
This site is provided and managed by Transformation Powerhouse, registered charity No 1091779 with its registered office address at 33 Vicarage Lane, East Ham, London, E6 6DQ.
A Child is Crying, is a campaign that is being driven by Transformation Powerhouse.
With this in mind, the Data Controller is located in Transformation Powerhouse. Transformation Powerhouse is committed to protecting your privacy online. We appreciate that you do not want the personal information you provide to us to be distributed indiscriminately.
In accordance with the data protection rules as stipulated by the GDPR(General Data Protection Regulation) and PECR (Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations), this page explains how we collect information, what we do with it and what controls you have over it.
Information we collect
Through this website you may provide personal data by submitting various web forms (e.g., completing the petition form, purchasing merchandise), including:
- your first and last name
- your address, postcode and country of residence
- your e-mail address
Where a purchase of merchandise, or a donation has been made, the payment (financial) details are not held by Transformation Powerhouse, but are managed and held securely by Paypal and BT MyDonate respectively. Please read their site privacy and security policies to understand how they manage your data.
The server that is used to host the website also captures IP addresses, this is essential to the correct functioning of any website or server. This data is not shared with any other party.
Table 1 shows
Use of information
We may use your personal data:
- to process and respond to your queries or requests
- to contact you with further updates about the campaign, if you have ticked the keep in touch button on the petition page.
- for compliance with our legal obligations, policies and procedures.
If you choose to receive newsletters and other communications from us, you may opt-out at any time, simply by selecting “unsubscribe” within the email, or sending an email to email@example.com
We will not sell, trade, rent or otherwise pass on your personal data to others, except as described in this policy.
We may disclose personal data about you if we are required to do so by law or pursuant to legal process, and in response to a request from law enforcement authorities or other government official.
By signing the petition “A Child is Crying” you agree to Transformation Powerhouse including your name in the presentation of a petition to the Government. Once the petition has been passed to the Government, Transformation Powerhouse will have no control over the purposes for, or manner in which the information contained in it is used by the Government. Please note: Your email address will not be shared and will only be used by us for the purposes of keeping you updated with news if you have opted in to receive this information.
Where your information is stored
Information you submit via this website is sent to computers located in the United Kingdom, which are not accessible to the public. The data is also stored with Mailchimp whom we use to send communications (emails) to our supporters. The data may be held on servers outside the UK or Europe. Mailchimp are registered with the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework, thus ensuring they meet all UK data privacy regulations.
Information submitted by you to our donation transaction agents BT MyDonate may be transferred outside the EU. If they need to transfer your personal information to another organisation for processing in countries that aren’t listed as ‘adequate’ by the European Commission, they’ll only do so if they have model contracts* or other appropriate safeguards (protection) in place.
Third party sites
This web site contains links to other web sites. Please note that Transformation Powerhouse cannot be held responsible for the privacy practices of other web sites. We encourage all visitors to be aware and read the privacy statements of each web site that collects personally identifiable information.
How long will we keep your data?
Transformation Powerhouse will keep your data whilst it is still current or you request to be unsubscribed.
- You have the right of access – to have a copy of the personal data we have about you, to obtain this, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You have the right to rectification – this means we must update your information if it is incorrect. If you would like to update your information, please send an email to email@example.com.
- You have the right to ask us to be forgotten – this means you can request we delete your personal data, you can do this by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or selecting “unsubscribe” from within the email.
- You have the right to object – this means you can object to us using your data in direct marketing.
If your personal details change, please help us to keep your information up to date by notifying us.
Please e-mail any questions, concerns or comments you have about this policy to email@example.com
* Model contracts are standard contractual clauses set by the European Commission. They offer enough protection of people’s privacy, fundamental rights and freedoms when their personal information is moved from within the EEA to outside of it. The contracts keep to data-protection legislation